We have finally started things moving on Colton's room. We cleaned out all of things we didn't want in his room and moved them to the spare room. Including the spare bed. Then we went and picked up the cradle that Grandpa Hulse made for Mom when Hayden was born; from Marinda's. Thank you so much for letting us use the cradle! Anyway after a long day of cleaning and moving (the bed, the cradle, and some motorcycles) and cutting hair. We finally went to bed. We hadn't had the lights out for more than ten minutes when we heard an unusual sound coming from Colton's room. A squeaking sound if you will. Kind of like a cradle rocking. So I went in there and turned on the light only to discover that Jynx had jumped into the cradle and had settled down and looked quite comfy. I couldn't help but laugh as the lyrics "the cat in the cradle and the silver spoon" jumped right into my head. So I thought I would share this with you. Hope you enjoy!
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
The Cat's In The Cradle
We have finally started things moving on Colton's room. We cleaned out all of things we didn't want in his room and moved them to the spare room. Including the spare bed. Then we went and picked up the cradle that Grandpa Hulse made for Mom when Hayden was born; from Marinda's. Thank you so much for letting us use the cradle! Anyway after a long day of cleaning and moving (the bed, the cradle, and some motorcycles) and cutting hair. We finally went to bed. We hadn't had the lights out for more than ten minutes when we heard an unusual sound coming from Colton's room. A squeaking sound if you will. Kind of like a cradle rocking. So I went in there and turned on the light only to discover that Jynx had jumped into the cradle and had settled down and looked quite comfy. I couldn't help but laugh as the lyrics "the cat in the cradle and the silver spoon" jumped right into my head. So I thought I would share this with you. Hope you enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That is so funny. I think Ziggy got in there when we first had it at our house. I got so upset with him because I didn't want any cat hair where my baby was going to be sleeping. :) Now, he sleeps on Alaina's pillow sometimes during the day. I guess he likes her.
I laughed at this one. I guess Zooey really belongs to us now. She licks my face if I cry. She sleeps next to one of us, but we think she is just cold.
That is so hilarious. I love little funny moments like that. Unfortunately, I don't have a cat, so I can't give you a related story. But, I really enjoyed reading this post.
That is so stinking cute! I thought of the song too :) or the string game "cats cradle." I love it when my kitty sleeps by me, I find it oddly comforting. I hope that Jynx will be protective and lovinig of little Colton! BFFs!
Post a Comment