Sunday, January 25, 2009

Finding Joy in the Journey

Today in Relief Society we had a lesson from President Monson's talk in general conference. It is entitled "Finding Joy in the Journey." It is a really good talk and I am grateful for the chance we have once a month to review a talk given at general conference. Anyway, they asked people to share experiences they have experienced in their lives where they found joy in their lives when they could have been depressed instead. So I would like to share my thought with you since I didn't have a chance in Relief Society. Yesterday Kenny and I were growing increasing bored and impatient so we decided that we would take the truck up to the B and do some four wheeling. Bad mistake. There is still snow up there and with the warm days and rain, it was all slush. About three feet of slush. We realized our mistake too late as the truck started slipping and sliding. All too soon we were wedged up against the mountain, stuck in a ditch. Try as we may we couldn't get unstuck. We had to call family to get phone numbers of towing companies. And 2 hours later we were being towed out of the ditch. At first I really started to panic and could have easily become hysterical within minutes of realizing we were in trouble. Instead we decided to say a prayer. We prayed that we could make it home safely without further incident( going into labor) After that prayer I knew we would be okay. I felt very calm. We waited for almost 2 hours for the tow truck. I am grateful for those 2 hours of peace. I have been feeling stressed and a little bit neglected. I have been trying to spend as much quality time with Kenny before all our time is devoted elsewhere. It was so beautiful and calm to be away from everything and just have time for the two of us. I felt very close to Kenny and to my Heavenly Father. I knew we would be looked after and it really helped me. I am very grateful for little experiences that draw me nearer to my Father in Heaven and those here on earth that I love. I cannot wait til May when we go through the Temple to be sealed together as a family. It is one of things that I look forward to with great joy.

3 comments:

Stecky said...

I love you so much. I loved reading about your special moments. Thanks for all the joy, happiness and therapy you have been giving me. Please enjoy these next few weeks.

Plaidlobster said...

Personally, I dont know why you would wanna be stuck alone with kenny for two hours without an alternative means of entertainment! LOL Jk, Kenny is fantastic, he knows I love him. I'm so glad to have you as my sister, Morgan. You really are family, and I love ya! Its so weird for me to watch kenny grow up and become a father. He's matured so much and I know its mostly cuz of your good influence. I hope one day I can find someone who will love me as much as you guys love each other. You guys give me faith that marriage can be a good thing. :) Sorry for getting all sappy. I love you! Thanks for sharing your story.

Lesley said...

I wish you could've shared your story in RS, it was such a beautiful one. The peace that comes through having faith and trust in the Lord is a wonderful feeling. I'm anxiously awaiting word of little Colton's arrival.