We've had an interesting holiday. We had our ward trunk or treat on Friday night. Which surprisingly I had a good time at. Thanks Marinda for coming. I had a chance to get to know our new bishop a little better. I drank lots of hot chocolate and scored some candy. Colton was pretty cute dressed up as a black cat and Ethan was his vet. He was going to be a leopard but unfortunately the zipper broke on that costume. I was extremely vexed when it happened. But the night turned out to be a good one. On Halloween we went over to Grammy and Poppy's house and had a great time. Grammy made homemade rootbeer, homemade apple pop, mummy calzones (which were delicious) chicken noodle soup, and french dip sandwiches. She really outdid herself. My favorite comments from last night were from Marinda and Kenny. Marinda: I love it when mom cook for us. Kenny: Yeah, she should do it everyday.
We left Grammy house to go to the WB 10th ward trunk or treat. It was fun to see some of my old neighbors and even the new ones I don't know that well. Some of the kids I grew up with were there with their kids. It's crazy to see how we've all grown up and gone our own ways. After the trunk or treat we stopped by Grandpa Dave and Grandma Sherries house. Sadly Grandma was sick. Hope you get better. Grandpa Dave was outside getting ready to pass out candy. I'll have to ask him how that went. Seeing as how the trunk or treat was the same night as Halloween. We then proceeded to Bob and Jamie's house to see baby Myrrie as a lady bug she is so adorable! Jarren was superman but he wouldn't put on his costume. Luckily we saw them out trick or treating. He made a great superman. I wonder if he chose to be superman because his mom watches Lois and Clark? Hmm. We went over to the West's and they fed us chicken chili. One of the reasons I love them. We started to go trick or treating with Jan and her two girls until Colton had decided he had had enough. So he got to go home with daddy and have a bath and I got to stay out and walk with Jan. It was great to see my neighbors all dressed up when they answered the door. My favorite was Sister Chase, she was princess Lea from Star Wars. Feel free to correct my spelling. Not sure how to spell that name. So we had a pretty good Halloween even though I had to go to two trunk or treats. I'm just glad it's all over until next year.
2 comments:
Jarren told his pediatrician that he wanted to be Superman "because mommy watches the Superman shows with Clark Kent and Lois Lane when she is on the exercisers".
I was sad about the leopard costume too, but Colton was still stinkin' cute as a black cat!
We still have candy if you want some more.
It was a great holiday. I am already grateful for this month....grateful to make an accounting of all my blessings...guess what?... you are on the list!
Post a Comment