Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Screw Up!

As I was cleaning my bedroom, Colton was sitting and watching TV on my bed. I sat down for a quick little break hoping I could keep working on the scarf I am crocheting for him. When his little head turns to look at me with a finger up his nose. His face suddenly distorts in pain and he starts to cry. I see blood and think to myself "great he scratched his nose and now it is never going to heal", so I run grab a box of tissues. We make it through about three bloody kleenex but he is still crying and having a fit. So I grab him and look into his nose to see how bad of a scratch we have on our hands. And that is when I discovered that my son had put a screw up his nose. Yes. You did read that right. He found a small screw and for some reason unbeknownst to me, he decided to stick it up his nostril. Luckily there was family here to help me. Hayden held him while I pulled the screw out with a pair of tweezers. Now he is quietly watching Dinosaur Train. I looked all around my bedroom for anymore loose screws and oh boy do we have a story for when his dad comes home.

3 comments:

LaceyLindysay said...

Ouch!! But do you remember when you and Marinda told me to put a sixlet up my nose?

Jamie Goudy said...

I always knew you had a few loose screws. Never thought of putting them up my nose though. Aren't kids fun?

Marinda said...

I'm so glad that Hayden was there to help you! And geez Lacey, did you have to bring that up? That was the old me. Nowadays I would just tell you to see how well the sixlet fits in Marks nose. haha jk.