The kids loved touching and holding the salamanders.
Checking out the salamanders.
Mark and Hayden out swimming in the ponds.
Our view from the pond from the road above.
Our view of Antelope Island from the top of the mountains.
The tree tunnel.
We went with my brothers and my brother in law Mark up skyline drive to catch salamanders in what we call the salamander ponds. It was a beautiful drive. With an added bonus that it was cooler up in the mountains. We drove under the tree tunnel and looked out over the valley. My favorite was reaching the top and being able to see down into Morgan county. When we got to the pond the boys changed into their swim suits and took the small hike back to the pond. When we finally hiked up the bucket all ready had seven salamanders in it, which kept the kids busy for a while. Colton was the first of my kids to venture into the water but he stayed within arms reach the whole time. But Tucker who has no fear of water tried to go right in and didn't like mommy telling him no. So mommy had to get in with him. Tucker really enjoyed swimming. His daddy came and took him in deeper and was making his squeal with delight and he span him in circles. I could not stop smiling as his sounds of joy filled my ears. This was one of those moments that I want to always go back to.
These are such great pictures! Whoever took them has a real eye for photography. I was a salamander catcher when I lived at my Grandms's house. They used to come into yards whenever it rained. Thanks for sharing.
2 comments:
Awesome!
These are such great pictures! Whoever took them has a real eye for photography. I was a salamander catcher when I lived at my Grandms's house. They used to come into yards whenever it rained. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment