Our overnighter up Farmington canyon was a lot of fun. We had a late start and ended up getting there after dark. We camped at the sunset campground about 5 miles up the canyon. There were boy scouts and hunters everywhere. I was the only girl in the whole campground. We camped right next to the outhouse thank goodness!!! It was cold so it wasn't really stinky. We had a hot fire and a late dinner of tin foil chicken. It was delicious! We then turned in. Zip slept by my feet the whole night and kept my legs warm. Only my shoulders got really cold. We woke up around 3:00am because some suburban came through the camp. Then we couldn't go back to sleep cause some jerk was singing and playing the guitar at three in the morning!!!! I wanted to go punch him!!
We had a crappy breakfast of premixed pancakes and then headed up the canyon for some sight seeing. We went to the top of Bountiful Peak. It was extremely cold. I had a hard time taking pictures because my hands would freeze within seconds because of the cold wind. It was beautiful though. I felt like I was on top of the world looking down. We then decided to take Skyline all the home. This was soo much fun and pretty until my insides were cramping and my hands were numb from trying to stop all the bumps. I decided that this drive would have definitely placed into labor had I been further along in the pregnancy. But it was totally worth all the pain and loss of sleep. I only wish that we had some people to share it with.
1 comment:
It looks like fun. The pictures are gorgeous. We need to take some family camping trips. Just need to find some time!
Post a Comment