Friday, November 14, 2008

Here's to Mom's Soup Challenge

Harvest Hamburger Soup

1 pound ground beef
½ onion chopped
2 cans beef consommé
2 cups water
1 can corn
2 carrots, peeled and sliced
4 potatoes, peeled and diced
1 tsp. taco seasoning (chili powder)
Grated cheese

Brown beef and onions. In a large saucepan combine all ingredients except cheese. Cook uncovered until all vegetables are tender. Add grated cheese to individual servings. Makes 6 servings.

This is my personal favorite. It is a real hardy soup and good for cold days. It tastes delicious with bread sticks or rolls. I also use a little sour cream as a garnish.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Wow, this looks really good. Where did you get this recipe? I want to try it!

Stecky said...

Ummm, Thanks for reminding me about this one. Next Week for sure! Still haven't decided all the pies I am making for Thanksgiving.