Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Easter

We had a great Easter weekend. It turned out to be a very nice weekend with the weather. Sunday was just beautiful! Saturday was mom's annual easter egg hunt/egg smash. Colton is to small to actually do the egg hunt so he had some help from his dad.














After the egg hunt my family went for a walk down the legacy parkway. We picked grass to feed the horses but the stupid horses didn't want anything to do with us and our lame efforts to get them to come try the grass we got them. Everytime I walk on the legacy trail I always try to find raccoon tracks and I finally with the help of my dad found some. So now I have to find something else to look for to keep my walks interesting.The walk tired out all of the kids. After such an exciting morning of hunting eggs and eating cupcakes they didn't last long.
















On Easter Sunday Colton and I slept in and decided that we would go to church with Grammy. They had such an awesome program I tried not to cry during it. But I was distracted during some of it by Alaina and her sticking her fingers in Colton's ears. It was hilarious!!! She has soo much energy. After church we played at Grammy's house for awhile and I of course was eating everyone's easter chocolate. And was playing on the floor with Colt and calling him a drooly boy when out of irony I drooled on him. Yummy chocolate drool that I now have to get out of nice Sunday clothes.
Then we went over to Grandma Goudy's house for FHE with the family where Colton saw his great grandma Goudy for the first time and I feel like an idiot for not taking pictures!!! Everyone played with him and he was sooo over stimulated last night that we didn't sleep. So he has finally fallen asleep in his swing and I am posting this blog. I am grateful that we have such fun family events to go to. And grateful for our fun families :)

2 comments:

Stecky said...

What a great post. I love remembering our fun weekend.What a cute boy that baby is!

LaceyLindysay said...

I had so much fun this weekend! I had a great time holding that little one during church.