Monday, August 17, 2009

Family Campout at Whitney Resevoir






We just got back from an really great family camp out. We were at Whitney Resevoir in the Unitahs. It was lots of good people, good food, and good fun. All of my family was there except for my older brother and his family; they couldn't make it because of work. Hopefully next year they will be able to come. The food was amazing! My mom cooks the best dutch oven food in the known universe. We hardly ate any of our snacks because we were so full from her cooking. :D We took our dog Zip with us and on the last day an eagle came diving in at him, luckily Kenny noticed and chased it away. He was a major food beggar. He was your bestest friend as long as you had food in your hand. We had a couple of pretty cool storms. During one of the storms the thunder was so loud that it scared Colton and Zip. I was pretty nervous since Ken and Hayden were out on the bikes during the storm. My mom brought lots of fun stuff for us to do. We made our own shirts, we made quilt blocks(the quilt is going to be given away at Christmas) we made star bracelets, rock necklaces, and some of us even painted rocks. The boys went paint balling, shooting, and fishing. My dad caught a pretty decent size fish. I even tried a tiny little bite. Fortunately Zip liked the fish better than me. I saw two bull moose while out riding my four wheeler. I am still mad that I didn't have my camera with me.I was too busy having fun to take a lot of pictures so enjoy what I do have. I have to say the only crappy part of this trip was sleeping on an air mattress that kept deflating during the night. And of coarse packing up camp. But that is the worst part of every trip.

3 comments:

Stecky said...

Well put! We still need a bracelet picture. Next year will be even more fun. "Down where it's better"

Stephanie said...

Sorry about your air mattress... ours did that too last year, and that is why we got ourselves some foam mattresses!

Marinda said...

That was so fun! Thanks for bringing your four wheelers. It made it that much funner. And it made it so we could get saved when we were lost.