We went to our ward camp out this weekend! We had a lot of fun. The campsite was just north of Kamas above the town of Marion. Not sure if I spelled it right. It was beautiful and really nice. There were flushing toilets and showers with hot water, which I didn't use but really wanted to.We went up early with the Argyles to help set up. There wasn't a lot of set up so we had time visit. It was nice getting to know people in our ward better. I felt really bad for calling lots of people the wrong name. I'm really sorry Kristen. I called her Rebecca Vandersteen. I am so embarrassed. I went to high school with her and I called her the wrong name. Her name is Kristen McCabe. We made them camp by us. Then I guilted the West's into coming up. We even shared our tent with them; even though I'm sure they'll never do it again. We stayed up until 1:00am talking(Jan and I) and we slept until about 3:00am that's when Colton woke up screaming. He screamed for about an hour while we walked around trying to get him to calm down. Which he finally did after some medicine and a father's blessing. After that I couldn't go back to sleep. But while I was up I learned that some people from our ward with falconry licence had brought up their goshawk. So we were able to see it hunt that morning. It was cool!!! I helped with the breakfast. I cooked all the pancakes. Then we packed up camp and headed out with the Wests to go to Jordanelle. Big Mistake!!! There was a triathlon going and we were stuck trying to get out of Kamas for an hour. Then we couldn't even get into the lake. So we tried Deer Creek. Which was only allowing 17 more boats onto the water but wouldn't let Kenny park our truck because we had a trailer. So we ended up driving through Provo canyon to Utah lake. We had lots of fun on the water but had to head home so that we could go see Hayden's band Date-Less play at the park. But that is a different post for next time. Tune in another time for pictures and video if Date-Less. Anyway, we all are exhausted but glad for the memories! P.S. We got to see Bob and Jamie's new arrival, Myrrie Annelie Goudy. She is so beautiful and tiny. Thank you guys for letting us come over so late.
The McCabes. Not the Vandersteens.
1 comment:
My kids were sad we didn't go, but I was paranoid about taking Jason up into the mountains! I just knew there would be a news story the next day about a 2 year old lost in the woods.
Post a Comment