Saturday, September 26, 2009

We're going to the Zoo......and the Dicovery Gateway









We had an awesome Thursday with the Townsends. We went to the zoo to see the cute baby elephant. And I must say that I have never been through the zoo so fast. It was awesome. It wasn't very crowded because so is in session. And with Colton in a stroller and Ethan on a leash we weren't having to chase kids around. By the way, as soon as Colton is walking I am definitely getting one of those back pack leashes. Anyway, the baby elephant was adorable. She stayed by her mom for most of the time. The monkeys were fun. They were more active then I usually see them. There was a cute baby snow leopard, three tiger cubs, a baby giraffe. And a really cute orangutan who was showing off for us. He would swing on a rope and hit the window. It was lots of fun. We rode the train. Colton passed out before we got to the train so he slept the whole ride. Then we headed to the discovery gateway(aka the new children's museum) Colton is now starting to really enjoy it. He loves the balls, and the water, and now that he can crawl he liked the toddler place. There is also a dog house with some fake dogs that he really liked. We got balloon animals and our faces painted. And when we finally got home I thought for sure Colton would need a nap. So I gave him a bottle and put him down. Ten minutes later I can hear him talking. So I go into his room only to discover he has thrown his binky across the room and is busy chatting to his stuffed animals. So two hours later he finally took a nap. Man he can really go.

1 comment:

Marinda said...

Colton is so cute! Thanks for going with us, it was so much fun. I'm glad that you invited me.