Thursday, December 10, 2009
Surprise in the Dishwasher
I had finally put Colton down for a nap.So I figured I would do some cleaning. So here I was, trying to be a good housewife and clean my kitchen. I needed to unload the dishwasher so that I could reload. I had a lot of dishes I needed to clean. So when I open my dishwasher I almost screamed out loud. For there in the bottom of my dishwasher was a big fat brown mouse!!!! How the heck it got in there? I am still trying to figure it out. I automatically started calling "kitty, kitty, kitty" as quietly as I could. Jynx of course took his sweet time to saunter into the kitchen with a look on his face that said "I only came in here so you would shut up". But as soon as he saw that mouse he turned into a killing machine. He caught it pretty quickly. I have never seen my big cat move so fast. So right after he catches it he starts to take it to my bedroom. So I start off after him and try to pick him up. I do not want a mouse in my bedroom. So he lets it go. It runs right at me and I start screaming. So he catches it again and then lets it go so he can chase it. And it runs into my spare bedroom. I couldn't believe that he lost it. Stupid cat! So I had to go in there and clean up all the junk that was in there. But I guess it's good that I finally cleaned that room. I had been meaning to for about a month. I was still pretty angry at my cat for letting that mouse go and was having a really hard time picking things up. Certain that a mouse was going to run at me. After the room was straightened I couldn't get Jynx to come out so we just let him stay in there. We had to keep the door open. Fortunately Jynx did get it again. The unfortunate event was that I had to clean up the bloody mess on my carpet. Anyway the only reason I decided to post this is because it has been the most action we've seen at our house for a while. And because I usually only post about Colton. So here is a post where I only mentioned him twice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Actually, your cat is incredible. Most cats wouldn't have tried that fast. I am glad you have a protector. Tell him it's his job to keep them out in the first place!
mouse in the dishwasher?! that's almost as bad as snake in the washing machine! yuck!
What is it with mice this year? I'm glad we haven't seen any more since that bad week in October. I totally screamed when one scampered across the kitche floor. Eire usually does such a good job. I guess she's getting older.
Post a Comment