Wednesday, March 2, 2011

4X4

I've been tagged. I didn't even know that people still did tags but I am a ready participant. I'm just excited that someone mentioned my name on their blog! Thank you Lesley! This is a 4X4 a little about yourself tag. So here goes...........


1- Four Places I Go

1- Marinda's House
2- Grandpa & Grandma Hulse's
3- Story Time at the Library
4- The Children's Museum at the Discovery Gateway

2- Four Favorite Smells
1- Fresh cut grass
2- Lilacs in bloom
3- Clean laundry
4- My husband's body spray

3- Four Favorite TV Shows/Movies
1- Practical Magic
2- 30 Rock
3- Dances With Wolves
4- America's Got Talent

4- Four Recommendations
1- Look for the Good (see previous post)
2- Be grateful for everything God has given you
3- Keep a Smile on your face
4- Take time to visit those you love

Four People I am Tagging
1-Marinda
2-Mystique
3-Shelye
4- My Mom


Tag Your It!!!!!

3 comments:

Lesley said...

Yay Morgan!! Thanks for playing... as I mentioned in my post, I haven't seen tag games for a long time. Recently I was thinking about that and whaddaya know, I got tagged. It was fun reading your answers.

Julie said...

Morgan -

Thank you so much for leaving comments over at ISSC. I love comments! I looked for the clutch/envelope pattern that I used. I think this is the site I got it from years ago http://melissaesplin.com/home/tag/poopy-clutch/ she has a couple different versions. I do the sewn version, but if I remember correctly I added an extra 1/4 inch so that it was a little bigger. I just use the pattern that I made from it now, and didn't print the new one out to compare. Regardless you will love it. I didn't do the snap closure, instead I did velcro (easier with a baby in one hand and only one hand free to grab stuff). Basically you cut out one for your inside and one for your outside, and one of the Iron on fusing. Iron on the fusing to one of the pieces on the wrong side, place one piece of velcro on the inside material and sew it down (I had to make one before I knew where to do it like this and hide the sewing lines from the velcro). Then with right sides together sew around the outside of it leaving enough room to flip right sides out and use a stick or something to poke out the points and edges. Top stitch around the outside edge which will also close up the hole. Then fold your envelope bottom together, pin, sew down the lines you made when doing the top stitch (warning.... it is very akward when doing this because you want to try and get down to teh corner of the envelope. I stop before you would turn it - I know that sounds wierd but you will get it). Then sew the other piece of velcro onto the middle of the envelope bottom (refer to my picture on where to put it). Anyways, hope this helps and again thanks for stopping by and leaving the awesome comments!!!

Marinda said...

30 Rock rocks!!