Tuesday, March 1, 2011
Looking for the Good
This morning I read the First Presidency's message on Looking for the Good. It was quite a wake up call for me. Lately I have been worrying so much and can only see the bad things happening in my life. After I read this I looked around me. My front room is a mess with the couch pillows all thrown off onto the floor and a basketball hoop right in the middle of the room, there's shoes and socks and toys everywhere. Behind me is the kitchen which is even worse. There are dishes and messy counters and the floor is need of a good mopping. All I could think of is how much work I am going to have to do today. Then I heard some birds singing outside. Their beautiful voices lifted my spirit in the realization that spring is almost upon us. I had found some good; and looking over my messy house again I tried to look for the good. The basketball hoop in the middle of the room quickly turned into good as I thought of how much my son loves to play basketball and the joy that lights up his face whenever he plays. The shoes and socks reminded me of how independent he is becoming. He can take off his own shoes and socks. And will quickly exclaim "I did it!" after this big accomplishment. My messy kitchen and the dishes reminded me that we have food to eat and that I am able to take care of my family by keeping things clean. I am challenging myself to look for the good in everything and to share some of the things that I find good with my husband before I go to bed instead of only bringing him my worries and concerns. I am also challenging you to look for the good in your life and in the people around you and to share the good you find with others in your life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
How uplifting. Thanks for giving me a 'good' day. Love you
Post a Comment